I got some Blog Love. Now I have to pick just seven blogs I love, which is really hard among a community of smart, funny and compassionate people. I did my best.
The first blog is written by R Mott. She speaks out about prostitution and porn. She is an incredibly brave woman who doesn’t fit into preassigned moulds.
Amy at Radioactive Quill writes about feminism and whatever else. No matter the subject she makes it sound good. Her words make a new pair of scissors look dull.
The Apostate is an atheist feminist. She doesn’t pull punches.
Selene blogs at FemmeEssay. She is eloquent and insightful. Ahah moments come in the handfuls when you read her posts.
Fuck Politeness. How can you not read it with a name like that?
The Radical Radish is starting up her blog again after a hiatus. She sprouted from a vegetable garden in Australia and has kept growing ever since.
Zen Biscuit has moved from her old digs to Skeleton Royalty. It is shaping up to be even better than her old blog.
I love your blogs!
Secondly, Whatsername tagged me.
Where Would Your 8 Homes Be?
List them. You don’t have to list your reasons, but if you do at least for a few of them, it would be more fun. And remember that the only rule is: the homes must be within the borders of the United States of America or else, within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains. When you’re done, tag 8 people, so that they may join in the self-indulgence, forgetting about the crappy property market and the equivalent of The End of Pompeii on Wall-Street. You could spend your time hammering your doors and windows shut in preparation for the apocalypse instead, but it would be much less fun.
If only the TARDIS didn’t spend all its time in Britain. Hmmm.
- Somewhere, Texas. Just so I could call myself a Texan, have a gun rack in my car and get good Mexican food. It would have to be far enough away from Houston that I wouldn’t flinch everytime I went outside.
- New York, New York. I’m thinking a luxiourious penthouse filled with green things. Green sheets, paintings, couches and the occasional pot plant with a green vase. I like green. I would also like to visit New York, do touristy things, have access to all the museums and Broadway.
- Hometown, State my American Family lives in. For obvious reasons.
- Washington D.C. Protest shack. It would be fun annoying important people and thinking about new slogans to write.
- Vacation House in New Haven to give to Fellow Spawn 1.
- Vacation House in Hawaii to give to Fellow Spawn 2.
- Secret Location. A lesbian separatist commune (you knew that was coming). It would be sustainable. Not only would it have clean energy and food, it would have the means of repairing/ creating the things that create the energy and food (perhaps more research is required).
- Oh-My-God-It’s-Cold, Alaska. So I could see Russia.
Other then that, I’m sure there are some people reading this blog who have blogs that I’d love if I knew about them. You can post links to your blog in comments.